Sunday, November 29, 2009

Teignbridge Sports Personality 2009 Winner!

Little did I realise that during the summer months spent training in Bath I was nominated for my Local Districts' Sports Personality Awards. These awards are held at the Langstone Cliff Hotel in Dawlish in my home of South Devon. Unfortunately the awards were held this year when I was out of the country competing on the Intercontinental Cup Circuit a few days ago, however the invitations were sent early enough for me to be able to find some close friends and coaches to be able to represent me on the night and luckily for them they got to pick up the Senior Sportsman of the year and the overall Sports personality of the year awards for me! -Many thanks to Janice and Mike Hindle who collected the trophies!!! I did however know about this win prior to leaving the country and was able to record an acceptance message and interview with the evenings host Ben Mosbey from Palm FM. Which is actually now on Youtube at the following address...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IQlCiTkZ7w  - Teignbridge Sports Personality of the Year Acceptance

The full press release of the evening can also be found here - http://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=11934

Needless to say the award is a real pleasure for me to have received and it has given me a massive boost going into a pivotal season, that can hopefully culminate in reaching Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.

Picture Courtesy of LIFE and Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment