Monday, October 19, 2009

First Blog - Getting upto Speed


Ok so this is my first blog, and the first of many that will track my progress through this season and the coming seasons for the duartion of my career as an elite athlete for Great Britain in the sport of Skeleton Bobsleigh. I took up the sport 3 Years ago after finishing my university course and am currently in the preseason of my 4th season, and a big season it is too with the Olympics looming large just a few months down the line! The past 3 seasons have gone by in a bit of a blur, being sent to tracks all over North America and Europe, with some intense summer training in between. It has seen me mature from a complete novice where I was hitting every wall in sight on the way down the track into a competent athlete, and one that can certainly challenge for an Olympic berth this season. Along the way I have picked up a World Junior Championships Silver Medal and a British Championships Gold. Indeed I am still the current British champion going into this season. Along with these I have made some great friends, have learnt how to take disappointment and turn it into a motivational force, and discovered what its like to taste success and believe me, i intend to make winning a habit for many years to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment